Doane Online Education Terms of Service
Last Updated: August 1, 2018
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (“AGREEMENT”) CONSTITUTE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (THE “USER”) AND LUCKY FALCON, LLC (“LUCKY FALCON”, “COMPANY”, “WE”, “OUR”, OR “US”). THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERN YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF DOANE.US AND DOANESEMINARS.COM, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT, FUNCTIONALITY, AND SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THOSE SITES (“THE WEBSITES”), WHETHER AS A GUEST OR A REGISTERED USER. PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU START TO USE THE WEBSITES. BY USING THE WEBSITES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
This Websites are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using these Websites, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Lucky Falcon and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet these requirements, you must not access or use the Websites.
AMENDMENTS TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE
We may amend and update these Terms of Service from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Websites thereafter. However, any changes to the dispute resolution provisions set out in Governing Law and jurisdiction will not apply to any dispute for which the parties have actual notice on or before the date the change is posted on the Websites. It is your sole responsibility to check this page each time you access these Websites to view any such changes in the Agreement, as they are binding on you. Your continued use of the Websites following the posting of revised Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend these Websites, and any service or material we provide on the Websites, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of these Websites is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Websites, or the entire Websites, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Websites.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Websites through your internet connection are aware of these Terms of Service and comply with them.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to these Websites or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any user name, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms of Service.
Changes to the Websites
We may update the content on this Websites from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Websites may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
SUBSCRIPTION AND PURCHASE OVERVIEW
All subscriptions are valid for one (1) month and are automatically renewed on a monthly basis.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION
If you choose to cancel your subscription, this will take effect within 3-5 business days and will result in not automatically renewing your monthly subscription payment.
We may cancel your subscription immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions, including if we do not receive a payment when due from you. We will make all reasonable efforts to contact you, before your subscription is cancelled.
We reserve the right to withdraw or change any subscription and/or price at any time. This will not affect any subscription that you have already paid for, unless for some reason we are withdrawing a subscription due to our inability to fulfill that subscription. We are unable to refund payment unless:
(a) we are unable to fulfill your subscription. If this is the case, you may obtain a proportionate refund for the unexpired part of your current subscription;
(b) there are exceptional circumstances, which we will assess on a case by case basis. If we then decide that exceptional circumstances apply we may, at our reasonable discretion, give you a proportionate refund.
RENEWAL OF SUBSCRIPTION
We will continue to take payment by means of your direct debit or credit card or PayPal (as applicable) at the agreed frequency.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Websites and their entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof, collectively, the “Content”) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. These Terms of Service permit you to use the Websites and Content only as expressly authorized herein. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the Content, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Content for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Websites.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Websites or any services or materials available through the Websites.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Websites other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com. If you access certain copyrighted or proprietary Content, you may be asked to be bound by our Proprietary Materials Terms & Conditions. If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Websites in breach of the Terms of Service, your right to use the Websites will stop immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title, or interest in or to the Websites or any content on the Websites is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company. Any use of the Websites not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is a breach of these Terms of Service and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
The Company name, the terms DOANE ONLINE EDUCATION™, DNA™, MPD™, and the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on these Websites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
You may use the Websites only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service. You agree not to use the Websites:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that does not comply with the User Contribution Standards set out in these Terms of Service.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Websites, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Websites or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Websites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Websites, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Websites.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Websites for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Websites.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Websites or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Websites.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Websites, the server on which the Websites is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Websites.
- Attack the Websites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Websites.
USER CONTRIBUTION STANDARDS
The Websites may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Websites.
These User Contribution Standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, user contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Websites infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Websites by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Websites, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated copyright agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Websites is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
At Company’s sole discretion, it may require you to submit any disputes arising from the use of these Terms of Service or the Websites, including disputes arising from or concerning their interpretation, violation, invalidity, non-performance, or termination, to final and binding arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association applying Washington law.
Limitation on time to file claims
Lucky Falcon, LLC regarding the Websites and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, regarding the Websites.
This Agreement will be governed solely by the internal laws of the State of Washington, without reference to: (a) any conflicts of law principle that would apply the substantive laws of another jurisdiction to the parties’ rights or duties; (b) the 1980 United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods; or (c) other international laws. The parties consent to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Seattle, King County, Washington State.