- Chemotherapy and radiation cause weakness and heat in the body.
- We use Ban Zhi Lian and Bai Hua She She Cao both up to 20g, because they are anti-carcinogenic and cooling.
- To address the weakness I usually use Shi Quan Da Bu Tang.
- Then I address the other issues, like if the Liver pulse is aberrant, or if pulses are too deep, I’ll use blood-movers.
- E.g. Cancer pxs with deep pulses:
- Shi Quan Da Bu Tang 50
- Ban Zhi Lian 15
- Bai Hua She She Cao 15
- Vitaity 20
- I will use blood movers even if the pulses are not weak, because from a Chinese medicine perspective, cancer is caused by a lack of blood flow.
- With this strategy we had completely resolved cases of mesothelioma, stage 4 liver cancer, stage 4 multiple myeloma, transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder, but those patients had extreme luck.
- Patient acquired cellulitis of the legs, px received antibiotics and herbal antibiotics, Astringents (Herbal Abx 80, Astringents 20) for 1 week, had a burst appendix and got his appendectomy cancelled, because his blood work came back clean.
The Office: Treating Cancer
- Px complaints about fatique
- Dx: Right cun thin and weak
- Thyroid level can be normal, but pxs still complain about tiredness
- 60% of thryoid pxs also have a heart problem, which is far more dangerous than the thyroid problem
- Treat the pulse, which may (most likely) involves the heart, liver and kidney, and simply add in 15-18g of Huang Qi (or Zhi Huang Qi, if they have trouble digesting it) and 10g Dang Shen
- Px will respond very quick, px will have more energy
- Thyroid test can be misleading, because it free t4 or t3 tests only test the thryroid hormone levels in the blood, but not how well they are taken up by the cells
- Whether we affect the thyroid levels or not seems to unimportant
- Lung function in TCM includes the thyroid is much stronger with Huang Qi
The Office: MPD®: Treating Thyroid Disorders
- Give patient magnesium, if they get diarrhea, drop back the dosage. This will solve the RLS for 30% of patients.
- For the other 70% of patients, this will not solve the problem and most of them will have weak heart or blocked blood flow into the heart causing the weakness.
- The blocked blood flow into and throughout the heart will cause a reduced ejection fraction rate and therefore reduced blood flow into the legs.
- This often leads also to a venous return problem in the legs.
- To solve this problem you have to use strong blood movers and the bugs.
- Chuan Xie 10
- Di Long 10
- Shu Zhi 10
- Wu Gong 10
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Tang 20
- Dang Gui Si Ni Tang or Dang Gui Nian Tong Tang 40
- If there is edema
- Ze Xie 10
- Fu Ling 10
- Ba Zheng San 10
The Office: MPD® – Treating Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- Simply needle in the same location on the joints of the toe as where the pain in the finger joint is
- Needle bilaterally.
- Needle under the toe. Squeeze the toe and then put the needle in. Don’t make a big deal out of it.
- You need to be very accurate about the position.
- Additionally draw a line to the wrist and the elbow from the painful finger. Do this bilaterally.
- If the pain is on the yang side, needle the yang side of the wrist/elbow, if it is on the yin side, needle the yin side.
- It takes repeated treatments, because the fingers do not get rested much.
- Take them off all foods that break into sugar immediately.
The Office: DNA™ – Treating Finger Pain
Doane Online Education. Advancing Chinese Medicine.